February 3, 2009

We started 2nd semester about a week and a half ago and as I was looking at my new grade book I noticed something funny.  
In the front of the book, it give you an example of how to use the book.
The student's name on the left side is Shelly Young and my sister's name is Shelley Young.  I got a kick out of it, it's not like Shelley is a common name. Although the next name on the list is Chuck and that's definitely not a common name either.

Just so you don't think teachers are still stuck in the stone age, writing down all the scores on paper and figuring out the grades and whatever, I only use this for grading my student's drama performances so that I can grade as they perform.  Everything is done on computers, LUCKILY!! 

3 comments:

Erin Wittwer said...

I still think it's so great that you are a teacher! I wish I could just come to one of your classes and see you in action! And by the way, how long is Georgy here for? It seems like she has been here for a really long time! She is cute!

Nicole and Randon said...

That's funny! Can you imagine how much of a pain it must have been for teachers back in the day? I would have HATED doing everything on paper and actually having to figure out their score!

Nicole and Randon said...

Can you imagine having to actually figure out grades by writing stuff down and using a calculator? Ugh! Makes our job sound easy now!