September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great Labor Day weekend (aren't all long weekends great though!?)  I was so confused on Tuesday morning when I heard the shower running, I couldn't figure out why Neil was up and getting ready.  Eventually I remembered that weekends don't last forever and Neil had to go back to work :(  Super glad he has a job though!
Anyways, we went swimming every day.


It was a lot more crowded than I've ever seen it, but Bear really liked the people watching.

We went for a little hike on a trail next to Grapevine Lake.  (I know Bear's hat is flipped all funny in these pictures, but I couldn't see his face at the time so don't blame me.)
Family picture attempt on the trail.
 

Me and Bear by the lake.  We plan to go back sometime soon and go to the beach part of the lake.

Another family picture attempt.


After our trip to the lake, we went to a friends house for more swimming.  Barrett has never seen cats before and he LOVED John and Carrie's cats.  He just squealed and laughed anytime he saw them!  They were nice cats so I let him touch them a few times and he really loved that!

Down by the pool. I didn't even plan for Bear and I to be matching in tie dye.  Poor Neil, we'll have to get some tie dye for him too!

Barrett had even more fun in their pool than in ours.  The water is warmer and John brought out this big ball for him to play with.

John, Carrie, Neil, Me, and Barrett.  Carrie and Neil went to Thunderbird together, so that's how they know each other.  It's such a great coincidence that we live just a few miles away!  Bear really liked Carrie even though it doesn't look like it in this picture!

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Looks like a great way to spend a weekend, especially in hot Dallas! Great family pics and bear is sooo cute!