January 17, 2014

Our Denver Apartment

When Neil showed up to this apartment a couple weeks ago, he was pretty unimpressed.  The apartment isn't quite as nice as the ones we've been given in the past so Neil tried to move, but they had already signed our lease I guess.  I chose this apartment because it has a private, attached garage and I'm still very happy about that.  It has a TON of storage space too, and we're only here for 6 months, so it's fine.  It's about 1200 sq feet and about $1800/month I think.  We (well, the company) paid over twice that amount when we lived in Dallas and about 3x that much when we lived in Toronto!  I think they're probably pretty glad this place is so cheap (relatively)!

This is Barrett's room.  He seems to like it.

We had to rearrange living room (and Bear's room too) since we have a little climber baby.  Actually he's not much of a climber, but we didn't want to take any chances!

That's where we eat.

The incredible kitchen.

I'm actually pretty stoked to have an actual laundry room this time.  It's not very big, but all the other apartments were more like laundry closets.

Our bedroom. This bed is massive and I hate it because I freeze at night!

This is our bathroom.  Bear's looks pretty much the same.  The tubs are quite large which is a huge pain for bathing Bear.

Our balcony overlooks a little pond.  We get to see ducks and bunnies all the time.

Checking out the ducks.

We found 3 bunnies that day too.

Another plus is that Neil works close enough that he's able to come home for lunch almost every day.

2 comments:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

That is crazy! That is still pretty expensive.

LeeAnn said...

You know it's not what a place looks like that make it a home, it is the family that lives there! This is a good home.