I'll try to post some videos or pictures, but I don't know how many I have of these things.
Here's some of the fun things he's been doing lately. He learns things so quickly, it is seriously incredible.
He has learned all the letters of the alphabet and knows each one of their sounds. Everywhere we go, he's pointing out letters and numbers that he sees. Since learning his letters, these spoons have become his favorite! My friend Kacey made them for him and they're wearing out so I thought I better get a picture. He calls the Barrett spoon, "TTT" and the other one is the Johnson spoon. He is learning to spell his name with these.
He loves singing songs. He sings (mostly by himself) Ring Around the Rosies, the Alphabet Song, The Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam, Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, Jingle Bells, Old McDonald, and... I know there's more that I can't remember right now. He also hums and makes up his own songs and they're my favorite!
He can count to 20. Sort of, he usually gets to 13 and then skips to 19 and 20. He can do all of them, but often doesn't.
He loves to type.
He loves to type.
He has learned to negotiate with me. If I say he needs to have 10 more bites, he'll say he wants 7 or 5 (or whatever). Or if I tell him he has 2 more minutes in the tub, he'll tell me he wants to stay in for 11. I'm amazed that he understands the value of numbers.
He's really good at finding things that match.
He generally speaks in full sentences and uses hilarious words like ridiculous. I can understand what he's saying most of the time, but other people can't always comprehend.
When I tell him not to do something, he'll often say "sorry mom," "it's fine," or "it's okay" and do it anyways. We've got to work on that but I have to admit I do find it hilarious most of the time.
He's super attached to me right now and won't let Neil do anything for him.
He definitely has his share of "2 year old" moments. It seems to be getting better most days, but I'm not sure if we're just getting more used to it now or if it's actually decreasing...
He started saying "I love you" about a month ago! Not that he couldn't say it before, he just wouldn't!
He thinks I am the Starbucks mermaid and every time we pass a Starbucks, he says, "Mommy's picture!"
He says muh-cause instead of because.
He calls a lamb a lamp, because even though he knows what a lamp is, he gets sheep and lamb crossed.
He calls a piggy back ride, pig horse. Actually, he calls ME pig horse when I'm giving him a piggy back ride.
He's always telling me and Neil good job for things and also "be careful". He also compliments our clothes often, "Cute/cool shirt, Dad."
We taught him how to play hide and seek last week.
We have so much fun together and I'm extremely grateful to have him here with me to explore Denver while Neil's at work everyday!
I could only get 1 video on because it made the post too big I guess. Or it could be that the internet here is really crappy.
He's super attached to me right now and won't let Neil do anything for him.
He definitely has his share of "2 year old" moments. It seems to be getting better most days, but I'm not sure if we're just getting more used to it now or if it's actually decreasing...
He started saying "I love you" about a month ago! Not that he couldn't say it before, he just wouldn't!
He thinks I am the Starbucks mermaid and every time we pass a Starbucks, he says, "Mommy's picture!"
He says muh-cause instead of because.
He calls a lamb a lamp, because even though he knows what a lamp is, he gets sheep and lamb crossed.
He calls a piggy back ride, pig horse. Actually, he calls ME pig horse when I'm giving him a piggy back ride.
He's always telling me and Neil good job for things and also "be careful". He also compliments our clothes often, "Cute/cool shirt, Dad."
We taught him how to play hide and seek last week.
We have so much fun together and I'm extremely grateful to have him here with me to explore Denver while Neil's at work everyday!
I could only get 1 video on because it made the post too big I guess. Or it could be that the internet here is really crappy.


4 comments:
He is really smart and really cute!! ;)
He is seriously the smartest kid I know!! I love it!
I want to come over and hang out with you guys so bad!!
He is so delightful and you and Neil are a great mommy and daddy!
Post a Comment