February 6, 2015

TEN!

I can't even believe it, but Neil and I had our TEN year anniversary yesterday.  That's a THIRD of my life people! I seriously can't get over it.

We did a few things to celebrate.  We went to dinner at Kobe Tepanyaki and definitely stuffed ourselves there.  We both got the lobster and steak combo and edamame and sushi- YUM!! Of course, I got a completely cooked sushi roll and it was still really good.  AND we had the whole table to ourselves, which we appreciated. 

After dinner we went to our favorite ice cream store, Cold Stone!~

And Neil surprised me with Taylor Swift concert tickets!!  The concert is in Dallas in October and I was shocked!!  So excited!

This is the cute PowerPoint he made for me to give me the tickets.  He's so good at stuff like this, it totally made me cry!  When I saw the 2nd slide with the "Speak Now" words on it, I knew it had something to do with Taylor Swift, but I thought he had bought me her cd!  I was NOT expecting concert tickets!

My mom even made us a little chocolate peanut butter cake.

I made Neil a book of 100 reasons I love him.  That's about 18 pages of love right there!

I also made him this card and bought him a new shirt from J. Crew that he really wanted.  (I love the website treat.com for my cards lately! They're really fun to make.)

And I recreated a few things from the night we got engaged.  Obviously, that wasn't exactly 10 years ago, but oh well.  I think we got engaged on November 18th, 2004 but I could be wrong.  I got a bouquet of pink roses and put rose petals all over my bedroom at my parents house (which is where we live right now, so it was a pretty easy surprise to pull off) and had candles everywhere too.  I wanted to hand him his wedding ring, but I have no idea where it is!  He was pretty surprised, probably almost as surprised as I was when he proposed to me there 10+ years ago.
We re-posed for the picture we took of ourselves the night we got engaged as well.  My parents were out of town then, so we had to do self timer and no one was home this time either, so we just did self timer again.  I looked everywhere for all the original pictures from our engagement night and I have no idea where they are now :(  I'll keep looking and maybe add them if I find anything later.

When we got married, I would say our "song" was probably either "When You Say You Love Me" by Josh Groban or "Better Together" by Jack Johnson.  On our 10 year anniversary, we heard Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" about 25 times and dubbed it our 10 year anniversary song.

The biggest part of our anniversary celebration (besides the Taylor Swift concert!!) is our trip to Palm Springs in 2 weeks!  Can't even wait.

4 comments:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

So fun! That is such a cute idea that he came up with! I am so jealous though! Happy Anniversary!!

Christy said...

K that PowerPoint is the most amazing thing ever!! Husband for the win. Happy anniversary!!

Where did you find that book of a hundred reasons you love Neal? Did you literally make it? It'd be a good V-day gift that doesn't cost too much. Great idea!

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Love you guys so much :D xx

Kelsey said...

LOVE this!!! You guys are too cute when it comes to romantic things like this. :)