June 18, 2015

Baby Day

Believe it or not I waited 41 weeks to have this baby!! I kept waiting and waiting to go into labor on my own and on Sunday I finally starting having contractions!  I was up all night because of them and then headed to the hospital at 5:00am for our 5:30 appointment.  My appointment was for the scheduled c section but I asked them to check my cervix since I was finally contracting.  Guess what?  Still closed.  Oh well, I tried!
41 weeks.
 Ready for baby.

Right before we headed down to the OR.

Waiting for my epidural.


There she is!  Neil thought he was recording this, but he wasn't.  This is the only picture he got of her coming out, but it's better than nothing!  I could hear her screaming and crying so loud but I only got to see her for about 1 second before they took her over to the warming table to measure her and clean her up a bit.

Neil got to stay right with her the whole time though.  They had some good bonding time.

She was 6 lbs 4 oz. 19 inches long.  Born at 7:54 am on 6/15/15.

Still testing out her lungs back in the recovery room.

And I finally got to hold her!




2 comments:

Christy said...

You are a champ for waiting it out. Congratulations!! She is so tiny and cute!!

Unknown said...

Oh I didn't realise you started going into labour the night before. How perfect! Baby was ready to join us... she just wanted to be exactly 6 months younger than Lara :D hehe.
She's so beautiful and look at you! Amazing!

We will have to FaceTime soon xxx