May 9, 2009

The Graduate

Neil graduated in Finance in December, but didn't get to walk until last night. So here's some pictures of him looking so smart and sexy in his cap and gown. The story of him getting his gown to look decent is actually kind of funny. I called him Friday morning to ask him if he had even picked it up yet and if he had ironed it yet. He told me he didn't even know he was supposed to iron it! So I told him to call every dry cleaner in town to see if they would do it for him, since we would both be at work until the ceremony. He thought of something even better- he went down to Banana Republic and said, "if I buy something, will you steam my graduation gown?" And they said YES and I was so glad he didn't have to look like a homeless graduate!
Us with my parents


Neil's mom and dad (I'll explain the eye patch at the end)

The Diploma!

My Dad can sleep through ANYTHING!

SO the eyepatch... Yesterday morning, Pat (Neil's dad) started losing vision in his left eye- he said it looked like he was looking through a thick net. So he went to the doctor who immediately sent him to a specialist. The specialist said his retina was TORN! YIKES! He was able to use a laser and basically cauterize it back together. He was super lucky that the specialist was even in that day! He should be fine in a few days, but he had to wear the patch because his eye was all swollen and crazy. His lips are puffy too (he calls them fish lips) because he had some sort of minor reaction to the numbing stuff they injected in his eye. Poor guy!

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yay for Neil!! You look super cute!! Look at my blog I finally updated!! :)

John and Stef said...

CONGRATS AUNT NEIL!!

Erin Wittwer said...

Congratulations to Neil! I'm glad his gown was steamed it looks great! By the way, Tyler's dad had his retina torn too like a few months ago. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

C and MC said...

Good job Neil! It is funny that you feel much more comfortable at Banana Republic than a dry cleaner. It was obvious that many people at my graduation had just taken their gown out of the bag and it had all of the corner crinks. Sorry about your Dad, Kelsey was also thinking to wear an eye patch for her black eye, but went with sunglasses instead.

Courtney said...

Congrats Neil!!!

4lakedames said...

congrats Neil! Smart thinking on the steaming gown part.
Tell your mom I have that same pink sweater from garnet hill (i have the orange skirt too). I have never bought something from GH that I dont like!! just an FYI!!
xox

Netti said...

yay for neil, I am way proud of anyone who graduates because I can't seem to do it myself....let alone even go to school. So good job Neil!! And I love that he went to Banana republic and they steamed it for him, that's hilarious!

I'm glad that neil's dad's eye will be a-ok, that is scary stuff!!!!...it'd be cool though if he wore a pirate eye patch until his eye is all healed. I would if I was him.