January 2, 2010

How I Broke My Tail Bone (or at least bruised it really bad!)

On New Years Eve, my family went sledding at Pond's Park in Kaysville. We all had a really good time and I wore an especially awesome outfit! Here's me in my sweet get-up (the one piece was my mom's YEARS ago and luckily she's held on to it! The hat is mine, and yes, it's unusually tall- it makes my outfit all the more hilarious!)


Nick and Tinkerbell

Even though you can't tell too well, in this picture, there's John and McCord, Berrie, Me, Liv, Jill, Tink, Nick, and Max all at the top of the hill.

Cord

Stefanie looked too cute to be sledding if you ask me!

Don and Jeff were racing down the hills like children :)

Maxwell

I tried to steer clear of the snowball fights (I really hate snowball fights).

Dane is SUCH a Daddy's boy!

My mom and Tinky

Olivia

The Child family; Berrie, Jeff, Max, and Liv
This next picture shows the exact reason my butt hurts so bad! Max and I went down one of the steepest and iciest hills on a tube that was much too deflated. At the bottom of the steep, icy hill was a tiny jump. Somehow we got enough air on this jump that the tube stopped and I landed directly on my butt bone, right on the ice, with my 6 year old nephew on my lap! Luckily, my family had already decided that we were done sledding and it was time to go home.
So that was a very fun day, until the last run down the hill anyways.

2 comments:

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

I love the outfit! Good thing your mom kept a hold of that, how often can you find a pink one-piece snow outfit?

Sorry about your tail bone. Sledding is way too dangerous. Last time I went I had to follow it by getting knee surgery!

Netti said...

I want an outfit like that, I found some pretty sweet retro ones online, but then realized they said "Sold Out"...lame!! I'm glad you've got yourself one though!

Owwww. I've had a bruised tail bone before and it kills. I hope so much that it's not broken and just bruised, therefore hopefully it'll feel better sooner? Maybe?