Rhys wanted me to mention that when you say "Aussie" you need to pronounce it with zeds (Z's) instead of S's.
Anyways! My great friends from Australia came to stay with us this week and it was beyond awesome! We did tons of fun things- mostly revolving around food. Barrett has never been out and about so much in his LIFE!!
Luckily it snowed for them.
On MONDAY, we went to Jill's house for dinner so they could meet Rhys. My family has all met Georgy several times, but her fiance Rhys has never been to Utah until now!The best part of the night was when Reagan snuck up to Rhys and asked him to show her his muscles! We all thought someone told her to say that, but she was just being a flirt! Rhys was embarrassed, but the rest of us loved it!
After dinner we went to cold stone- that reminds me, I still have my ice cream in the freezer!!
On TUESDAY, we went to Ogden so Rhys could do iFly. He's done it a ton actually and lots of real skydiving too, but he loves it and it's a lot cheaper here. This is him getting all suited up.
Rhys in the wind tunnel.
Me, Georgy, and Barrett just hung out and waited and watched.
On the way out of the iFly, we took some photobooth pictures. We probably should've been up a little higher and even a little more squished (if that were possible!).
We also stopped at Costa Vida on the way out.

Rhys in the wind tunnel.
Me, Georgy, and Barrett just hung out and waited and watched.
We also stopped at Costa Vida on the way out.That night we went out to Taste of India for dinner and then Marie Callendar's for pie for dessert!
Awwwww... Bear and his Australian uncle!


WEDNESDAY night, we went to Hires and the Jazz game.
We played the Toronto Raptors and even though we lost, it was a super fun game-it went into double overtime!!

THURSDAY we went up to Snow Basin so Rhys could snowboard. The most hilarious moment of this trip happened up here (also at Rhys' expense). When we first got there, we went into one of the lodges and Rhys asked a worker lady where he should go for hiring. The lady tells him he needs to go to another building and he can fill out an application there and she is so excited that "he brought his whole family!" (me, Barrett and Georgy were his whole family, I guess). Luckily I was standing there and although I'm laughing hysterically, I tell her that he means rentals. Another sales lady came over and tells the first lady that, "hiring" is a British, I mean, Australian thing". Anyway, we got it all sorted out so Rhys could rent his equipment rather than hire it, which would've made perfect sense if he had been in Australia. Ok- you probably had to be there, but I'm still laughing about it!
We went straight from the mountain down to Salt Lake to meet Neil at Rodizios.
On FRIDAY, we went out to Nordstrom and The Cheesecake Factory.
Unfortunately, our Aussie BFFs went to Disneyland next and we did not! We just didn't think it would be as fun (for anyone) to bring Bear and there's no way I could leave him behind for the whole weekend! I'm kicking myself now though!
We miss you already Rhys and Georgy, but we'll see you in October!!

6 comments:
My goodness!!! You all have been crazy busy! I am glad you are enjoying this time though!
Yay! I'm so excited we got blogged!
Rhys and I are laughing so hard right now remembering the hiring episode. The best part was he had definitely NOT dressed for a job interview! HA!
Miss you guys heaps and can't wait to see you out here later in the year for our WEDDING (which also better get blogged!!!)
Miss you guys! Kisses to Bear.
xo Georgy
The whole blog was pretty much all about me...which is the way it should be...maybe I'll get a tramp stamp to commemorate it! - Rhys
Holy COW! That is one packed week. Did Baer sleep like ALL day Sunday?? How fun.
You could have taken the baby to Disneyland - we would have helped you! And it is easier than you think. They have a baby center too!
I am sorry we did not get to meet Rhys. What a handsome (and apparently strong) boy! Great to see Georgy at least in pictures! Much love to both and good luck.
Post a Comment