October 11, 2012

Oktoberfest

Last weekend we went to Southlake for their Oktoberfest celebration.  Every year we want to go to an Oktoberfest and it's just never happened.  This year, we finally went to one, in fact, we went to it twice!

The first day we went the weather was so perfect!  Here's the family.

We only saw one person dressed up, I don't know if people generally do this for Oktoberfest, but she was rockin' it!  I wish I could've been sneaky enough to take a picture of the front of her.  She said something to me about how I should"surprise my boyfriend" when she walked past me.  She's a spunky one!

The second time we went it was FREEZING cold weather- we had to get all bundled up!  Bear looks unhappy, but he actually had a good time.  There were millions of dogs that he really liked watching.

Neil got a disgusting Bratwurst with sauerkraut- I didn't try it obviously, but looking at it made me want to puke!  I made a better choice and bought deep fried oreos.  Nothing German about them, but holy crap, they were GOOD!

3 comments:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

I always wanted to try deep fried chocolate something and deep fried oreos sound heavenly!

LeeAnn said...

Looks fun to me! THis reminds me that I have got to find the weather shield!

Anonymous said...

Fried Oreos, must be a Southern recipe! Dawn