February 3, 2014

Go Broncos!

It has been really fun to be here in Denver during the last month when Denver won the AFC championship and got ready to go to the Super Bowl!  (Side note, we had tickets to that awesome championship game but we didn't have a babysitter so we had to give the tickets back to Neil's work.  We are still kicking ourselves for not making it work somehow!)  Anyways, there's just been a really fun energy here with all the diehard Broncos fans.  We were living in Toronto when the Maple Leafs were in the playoffs too and that was really fun as well, it just gets you into it a lot more I think.
We had our own little Johnson family Super Bowl party yesterday and even thought the game was not very fun to watch, we had a good time together.  
We didn't have any Broncos gear to wear because we don't care that much, but Bear wore his football sweatshirt and I wore a navy sweater (I know you can't tell it's blue) and painted my nails Bronco orange. 

We had some good food too.  We had pizza, pigs in a blanket, chips and guacamole, and Shirley Temples.  YUM.  I had to go pick up the pizza during the game because they weren't delivering and the streets were pretty much empty!

Neil threw Barrett up in the air for our halftime entertainment.