Lately he's been sleeping with his blankey wrapped around his head and neck- freaks me out! And he's been wanting to take his blanket everywhere with him. I'll let him take it downstairs, but I do not want to start taking it out of the house!
A few times when I've told him not to do or say something, he'll be so annoyed and tell me, "It's a joke!"
He can sound out some sight words such as stop, on, off.
He can point to a word that I ask to him find (sight words again, such as can, pat, etc)
He memorizes books and will either "read" (really just recite) the books with me as I read them, or he'll do it on his own and tell me not to read.
A few weeks ago when we went to the zoo, my mom said to me, "we are planning on going to the Z-O-O (spelling it) tomorrow if you want to come." A few seconds later Bear said, "I want to go to the zoo with you Lala!" My mom looked at me and said, "Didn't I spell that!?"
If he sleeps late in the morning (til 8), he sometimes won't go down for a nap, so we'll have to go out for a drive to get him to fall asleep (anything for the nap!). He'll squeeze his eyes closed and tell me he's going to sleep until he actually does. (I was at a stop light when I took this picture)
Some of his latest phrases: Idiot (he learned this from Toy Story 3 and he says it quite hilariously). He said to Neil when he and I were arguing about a parking spot, "You're just being a jerk", he often says catty instead of kitty. Says ew gross to pretty much everything. When I tell him to do something/not do something, he responds with okay, fine (in a very exasperated tone). One day I was getting him out of the car and out of nowhere he says, "I'm just a boy who loves the church!" When he's trying to tell me something, he'll keep asking me, "do you hear me Mom!?"
He wants to wear a hat everyday just so I won't comb his hair.
When he knows that I'm mad that he keeps getting out of bed to "go potty", he'll just look at me smiling and laughing until finally I laugh too. Like this...
He is always singing. Twice last week he woke up in the middle of the night and just stayed in his bed singing. One night it was I am a Child of God. The other night it was Everything is Awesome, from The Lego Movie. He sang for just a few minutes and then went back to sleep.
Loves to scare people. He's constantly roaring or yelling Boo!
He's really into the Pinkalicious books and this card game we have too. We'll play it once and he'll say, "let's play it again, it's the most beautiful game ever!" He always wants to pray for Pinkalicious and Peter (her brother) that they will listen to their mom and dad.
He learned the phrase "miss me miss me, now you gotta kiss me!" from my mom, and now he loves playing a pillow throwing game of the same name.
He's getting a really fun imagination. He pretends there's a monster or Emperor Zurg coming and he fights them. He's also been playing that he has a kitty (or catty, as he calls it) for a really long time, it was so cute! The catty's name is Cinderella Baby- he named it himself and has never seen Cinderella, so I don't know where he got it.
When someone comes home, he'll say, So, how was work (or the store, or whatever)?
He still does most everything very systematically.
This isn't from Bear, but I thought it was so funny. My niece, Whitney (aka Tinkerbell) said, "McCall, you're gonna love heaven!" Me: Why? Tink: Because it's always clean! I think she's right, I would love that!

1 comment:
He is hilarious just like YOU! Hahahaha :D
Post a Comment