March 18, 2015

3rd Trimester!

How Far Along:  28 Weeks
Size of Baby: The size of a head of cauliflower (I’m just writing what my app says, that seems like an odd shaped comparison)  Doc says she weighs 2 lbs 6 oz if I remember correctly.  The last 3 or 4 appointments, she’s been measuring about 3 days behind.  So instead of being 28 weeks and 3 days on ultrasound day, she’d measure at 28 weeks.  Not a big deal, but it’s been consistent and I thought interesting.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely yes.  I’ve been on the search for some black skinny jeans my whole pregnancy and I’ve ordered probably 5 or 6 different pairs but none have worked out.  I just ordered another pair the other day and if they don’t work out, I’m just giving up on that.
Gender: They haven’t been able to get a good look the last couple of appointments, but today I had her check again and yes, she’s still a girl.
Name: I have a list of names I like and Neil has some that he likes too but none of them crossover at this point.  That’s okay.  I’m not worried this time!  If you ask Bear what her name should be, he's been answering with Juicy Juicy Boxy for the last few weeks.
Movement: She is a wiggler!  I like to use Will Ferrell’s line from Wedding Crashers, “What does she do all day!? I never know what she’s doing in there!”   
Sleep: Oh my gosh- I slept SO good when we were on vacation in Indian Wells (Palm Springs)!  I’ve mostly slept really crappy since we got back, but the last few nights have actually been a lot better.
Exercise/Activity Level: Even though I only have about 3 things to wear to the gym, I’m still going almost every day. I can still do body pump, step, combat, and occasional gfit workouts.  I was getting a calf cramp in my leg during step on Monday and I’m really hoping that wasn’t the start of those each night!  I’ve been lucky so far and haven’t had any night cramps, those are the worst!
Weight: 144. Yep, that’s for real. 
What I Miss: Having energy. I’m so tired!
Cravings: Dove Promises.  I bought 2 bags of them when it was Valentine’s Day- I ate one bag and saved the other to make cookies for Neil but there’s still a few left that I’m definitely hoarding.  I also had a major craving for Sprite the other night.
Symptoms: Luckily, most symptoms seem to come and go for me. I’ve been getting some heartburn/acid reflux (are those the same things?).  I was having a super itchy belly for a while even though I bought a couple new types of oil to use on it.  I’ve started being hot more often.  The most annoying thing lately is my constantly stuffy/runny nose; I think I blow my nose about every 5 minutes.  The last couple weeks I’ve gotten some Braxton Hicks contractions.  I’ve been getting really bad round ligament pains off and on (at least that’s what I assume it is), it’s always on the right side too.
Weird Things: I don’t know if this is a pregnancy thing or what, but there’s something very weird and painful happening with my right collarbone.  It kills any time I move my arm/shoulder or put pressure on it in any way.  It just started hurting one afternoon when I picked up Barrett, it’ll get better for a day or so and then start bugging again.
Worries: I’ve been worrying about my abs.  They used to be the best part of my body and then after Barrett they were spread about an inch apart and never went back together L  I’m worried they’re going to get even more spread apart.  I know there’s nothing I can do about it, so no point in worrying, but I do anyways.
Best Moment of the Week(s): Our anniversary getaway!  Seriously the best moment of my year so far I think!  All that sleep and sun and awesome food J
Appointments This Week: Went in today and baby is growing great.  Today was my 2nd appointment with Dr. Houpe, haven’t yet decided if I’m going to stick with her or try one more guy…
What I’m Looking Forward To: I’ve recently found out that a ton of my friends are also pregnant.  It’s so fun to get to go through all this with other people.  I don't see most of these other pregnant girls too often, but it’s still fun.  Georgy was pregnant, she had Lara back in December, so even though we were only pregnant together for about 3 months, it’s great that our girls will be so close in age (although 8,000 miles apart). Courtney had her baby boy in February.  Jeanette is due just a few weeks after me. Kelsey is due in September.  A girl in my ward, Ina, is due with a girl a few days before me.  Heather White and Brittany Hyde from our dinner club friends are both due in May I think.  Annie Williams, a friend I used to teach with at Legacy is having a girl in September. Brittany Larsen and my cousin Chelsea are both due in September as well. There’s a huge groups of girls at the gym who are all due in September- Annie, Shelley, Heather, and some that I don’t know as well.
Something I've Learned/Realized: I thought of a really good way to describe how I’m feeling most of the time.  Ya know how when you’re getting sick, your whole body just aches and you’re super tired and just feel kind of awful?  That’s pregnancy in a nutshell.  You feel like you’re on the verge of getting the flu for 9 months.
Pictures:


This is super funny to me because I'm wearing the same shirt.  I can't be bothered to take another picture this week in a different shirt.  The 2nd picture was taken St. Patrick's Day so I had to wear something green.
26 weeks


28 weeks

4 comments:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

We have skinny black jeans at my work. ;) You can't forget that me and you are pregnant the same time as well. ;)

Christy said...

You look great. I can't believe you're in the 3rd trimester!

I never had those leg cramps but I've heard they are the absolute worst. So weird.

Teach me how to have your amazing abs. Having a baby ruined mine. I'm trying, but it's slooooooooow.

Unknown said...

I always get excited when I get a mention in your blog! :D xx

LeeAnn said...

What a beautiful belly! I love her and finally got a really good kick! It felt so good!