March 20, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

I don't dislike St. Patrick's Day, I think it's fine, but I feel like doing more than just wearing green to avoid being pinched and maybe eating some green food is overkill.  It seems like it's turning into a major holiday for some reason and I'm just not onboard with all the leprechaun catching and whatever.  Call me Scrooge if you will.  Maybe that'll all change when Barrett is older, who knows.  But for this year, all we did was wear green and eat some green food and we were thrilled.  
We had our normal breakfast, which included Lucky Charms, although it almost always does.
Bear and I made some mint chocolate chip cookies.  You can see he has a little bit of batter on his face in this picture.  

For lunch I had my avocado smashwich, which I have everyday anyways, so that wasn't too festive.  But for dinner, I made spinach pancakes, gave Bear some pickles (he loves pickles!), gave him his green juice, and he had a green sippy cup for his milk.  That was the extent of our holiday but it was perfect for us!

Speaking of making cookies... For Valentine's Day, I had planned to make these cute and delicious peanut butter cookies, but there were SO many treats that weekend that I didn't want to add more.   A month later, I finally got around to wanting to make these Valentine's cookies.

3 comments:

Netti said...

Me and my sisters were JUST talking about this and saying that simple is always best! Wearing green and eating some green treats is what we did growing up and I was always plenty happy with that! Plus, I'm way too lazy to do leprechaun traps for my future children, this I already know. Ha ha! Also, mmmm, Lucky Charms, I need more of those in my life (and more of those Valentine's cookies you made! Holy Yum!).

Rachelle said...

Preach girl!!! That is exactly how I feel about St. Patrick's day too.

LeeAnn said...

Those belated valentine's cookies were so delicious that I think you are forbidden to make them again!! I ate a lot of them!!