This week, Bear had his first ever soccer game! He's been doing gymnastics for the past couple of months with Eli and has really liked it, but when I asked him if he'd rather do gymnastics or soccer, he chose soccer (they're on the same night). I wasn't sure if I could get him on a team though because most places don't let them start until they're 4 or 5. I knew Farmington started them at 3 but they had already finished registration so I had to put him on a wait list. Luckily they called me a few days later and we got him signed up. He's been looking forward to this day for weeks.
He had quite the cheering section, plus Shelley and Lala.
Not surprisingly, he was pretty aggressive, but did a good job (mostly) not pushing or hitting anyone. He wanted to play the whole time and scored the only goal for his team.
Clay (who is my sister's next door neighbor, so that's fun) would run toward the ball and then just lay on top of it every time! Bear, of course, would dog pile on top of him to try to get the ball back.
He had a great time and is so excited to play again next week!






1 comment:
That was so much fun to watch!
Post a Comment