This title may seem bizarre, but read on, You'll die laughing. (maybe it's just me)
So, I teach 8th grade health. As part of the State curriculum I teach Sex Respect (the sex ed program). It has been surprisingly fun and all sorts of hilarious!! Several times I have had to try my very hardest not to burst out laughing in front of my classes. I always had to grade papers alone because they made me laugh so dang hard!
The main purpose of this post is to tell about a particularly funny assignment. The students had a 4 page worksheet that they had to do WITH THEIR PARENTS! (I'm so glad we didn't have this assignment when I was that age!) The first page is 20+ words that they have to define. The second page is an HIV/AIDS quiz. The third page is an abstinence pledge (Utah has an abstinence only curriculum). And the fourth page has the parent or the teen write statements regarding sex, drugs, alcohol, pornography, and parties.
The first and fourth page consistently cracked me up! Let me just share with you some of the most hilarious definitions. [petting was probably my fav]
Petting: stroking of a dog or cat. Brushing the person's hair. Rounding the bases. What I do to my dog. Being a tease.
Sexuality: The study of sex.
Write a clear position about teen sexual activity: There will be none until 16 or married. I will not have sex with my daughter until she is married. It's supposed to be fun. (I think these parents should have re-read their answers a few times)
State your position towards alcohol or drug use in your home: No drugs or alcohol until their old enough.
My Job is too much fun sometimes!
4 comments:
Oh man McCall that is hilarious. I can totally picture you trying your hardest not to laugh. I'd would just die to be a fly on the wall!
That is so funny!! I can't belive that was with thier parents help!!
Ha ha that is so funny! I think teaching sex ed would be SO much fun!
oh emm gee. the whole time reading this i kept hearing your high pitch bursting laugh. i love it! in fact i love your whole blog. you know when you're by yourself and you are laughing but you kinda hold it in your throat cause for some reason it seems a little crazy to just laugh hysterically alone? that's me right now. i freaking love you.
nique
Post a Comment