March 11, 2011

Interlaken

We really only spent 1 day in Interlaken, Switzerland and I wish we would've had a little more time there.
We loved our hotel (it's the brownish building behind me in this picture), it was right on the Aare river and close to some nice places. Plus the workers were ridiculously nice, but that might have been because we were literally the ONLY people staying in the hotel that night (It was the hotel's first day opening for the season)


We didn't spend very much time in the town of Interlaken at all because we took a few trains to get up to the highest point in Europe, which is Jungfraujoch.

Pretty amazing view of the Alps

They made an amazing ice palace at Jungfraujoch. Here's us in front of some ice eagles.

Still in the ice palace- I think this was Neil's favorite part of the Jungfraujoch excursion.

It was so windy and freezing cold that we could only stand to stay outside for a few minutes at a time!

1 more of the view. AMAZING!!

2 comments:

Netti said...

I'm LOVING reading all your posts about your trip!!! I stayed in Interlaken when I went to Switzerland. Isn't the color of the water so beautiful!?

That view of the alps is gorgeous. Wow!!

Carly said...

Interlaken is one of my favorite places. Such a beautiful place. I also thought it was hilarious because there were so many sex shops.