March 28, 2011

On Your Mark...

I have never run a race in my life. (not completely true- I did a run for MS once, but it wasn't a real "race"). Today, I signed up for 2 races for some reason. Don't ask me what possessed me to sign up to run when I am NOT a runner!
Actually, I know exactly what made me sign up...


The first race is coming up in less than a month!! My mom and my sister told me I should do this race with them, I'm pretty sure I said "NO" right away. When my mom sweetened the deal by telling me she'd buy me a cute new pink shirt- I was in! Tell me you'll buy me a cute, new, pink ANYTHING and I'm sold!

My 2nd race is being put on by my school PTA and my principal is really pushing us to participate. It should be fun running my with coworkers/friends and students though.


Now is probably the dumbest time in my life to start running, but it's too late now- I'm committed! Luckily, they're both just 5k's and I think (hope) I'll be okay without having to do too much running beforehand.
Wish me LUCK!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm doing the Pink Series 5K too. The one in Alpine? I know they have a few races (thus the 'series')--is that the one you're doing? You'll be great! And I just decided to become a runner too. It's hard.

Liddle said...

I just did my first 10k run (up a mountain I might add) this weekend with ZERO training. I am sore but I lived. You will live too!

Kelsey said...

Whatever McCall! I consider you a runner, I think you are a great runner! :) You will do GREAT!

Richard and Michelle said...

The MS walk... did we do that together in like 7th grade? I was wondering when you were going to start running, I love that your mom is buying you stuff in order to do it. That's what I have to do to Rich haha.