March 13, 2011

miscellaneous day

On Sunday, we hadn't made any plans and were just going to walk around and do whatever we wanted that day. I wanted to go to the Borghese Gallery, but when we got there, all the tickets were sold out :( So, here we are just sitting in front of the gallery in the sun because it was a nice day.

We ended up walking around a beautiful park and then finding the Museum of Modern Art, so we went to that. It wasn't that great- I still wish we could've gone to the Borghese Gallery. We'll just have to do that next time, I guess!

Then we walked to the Fontana Di Trevi- Rome's most famous fountain. We went there twice and walked past it a couple times too and it was ALWAYS crowded!!

Neil throwing in his coin. Left hand over right shoulder, no wait- it's the opposite! I thought it was just a regular old wishing pond, but apparently, if you throw 1 coin in, you'll come back to Rome, 2 coins and you'll come back to Rome and fall in love, 3 coins means you'll come back and never leave. I still made wishes though, just in case.

Neil in front of the whole huge fountain.

We went home early to just walk around our hotel gardens and watch a movie. We stayed at the Rome Waldorf Astoria and it was incredible! I would definitely recommend it.

They even had real lemon trees growing out in the gardens. They were pretty AND of course, reminded me of a Simpson's episode (but then, everything reminds me of a Simpson's episode!)

No comments: