I bought a baby book for my baby, so I'll be able to record a lot of things for him, but it doesn't really talk about the pregnancy part of his life/my life, so I found this questionnaire that I thought I'd fill out occasionally so we can remember some of this weird pregnancy stuff.
Size of baby: my "what to expect" app tells me that he's about the size of a cantaloupe (that's a rockmelon to you, Georgina). He already weighs about 10 ounces!
Maternity Clothes: You'll NEVER hear me say this again, but luckily, I used to be a little bigger and I kept some clothes from those chubbier days, so I've been able to fit into those clothes and they've been a lifesaver! Unfortunately, I'm even getting too big for those now. As for my poor gym shorts- they are about as stretched as they can get! I think I'll have to get some that are a couple sizes up.
Gender: It's a BOY- my doc was 99% sure. I think 17 weeks is kind of early to tell though, so I'll feel more sure about it when we go in again and make sure he's still got all his boy business.
Name: We haven't picked one yet. We did make a list once we found out the gender, but that's as far as we've gotten. My sister Shelley calls him Percy McNeil, Nicholas thought Ken would be a good name, and Livvie suggested Steve, Duncan and Dick. Dick Johnson has a pretty good ring to it :)
Movement: I'm not completely sure about this, I thought I felt him move at about 17 weeks. I'm pretty sure I can feel him moving, but since I don't know what it's "supposed" to feel like, it could just be muscle twitches, a case of the bubble guts, or just regular old digestion.
Sleep: Like a champ! I could sleep for days. Although I really hate sleeping on my left side! Neil did mention the other morning that I'm "getting really good at it" though. Lots of practice!
What I miss: Being fit. I have, like, NO motivation to hit the gym these days, so when I do make it there, I'm so out of shape that I can hardly do anything! I worry that after he's born, I still won't have any motivation to work hard and that'll be depressing.
Cravings: I've craved gas station nachos a time or two, but that's about it. I eat all the same stuff I used to for the most part, I haven't had any food aversions or anything really.
Symptoms: Well, my whole body has expanded quite a bit and I pee a lot. Like all women, I hoped that I would be one of the lucky few that only gets a baby belly and nothing else gets bigger; I'm not so fortunate. I feel like I'm bigger from my thighs to my eye balls and everywhere in between-including my suddenly huge boobs- no complaints there, especially now that they don't hurt so bad!
I have these crazy razor sharp nails that I think I could kill a small animal with!
Luckily, I never got too sick. There was 1 day that I got really light headed and thought I was was gonna puke and pass out, but other than that, I just had to keep a constant stream of food in my mouth and I was okay. My biggest thing through the first trimester was just being tired.
Weird Things:I think it was around 15-16 weeks that my stomach really started stretching and growing enough to make my bellybutton pop out! That's probably the thing I hate most!
Best Moment of the Week: Neil bought a new car so we don't have to worry about getting the baby in and out of a 2-door Accord anymore! Since I had so much fun at Surf-n-Swim earlier in the week, I made Neil come with me again and it was awesome!
Appointments This Week? No, I don't go in again until mid-July.
What I’m looking forward to: Next week, I’ll be half way through the pregnancy! I can’t wait to see what my baby looks like and hold him too.
Something I've Learned: EVERYTHING is just exhausting! I need to start taking naps more often!
Pictures from this week:
5 comments:
Bahahaha! I want you to name your baby Dick Johnson sooo bad! Seriously though, so happy for you. You look great, by the way!
Oh I laughed out loud when I read Dick Johnson. You are super cute pregnant. I am glad you like the huge boobs. I would happily give you some more!
Hahaha I'm flattered I got a special mention!!! Maybe you should call the bady Cantalope? :D
I still think baby Rhys Johnson is the best name ;)
Or you can name him after our puppy - Harper George Johnson.
Awesome! :D
xoxox Georgy
Yes yes dick johnson would be awesome. Or even Richard johnson would be hilarious. I can't believe you're practically half way, you're looking as awesome as ever!
McCall you are so cute and tiny. I totally know what you are talking about on feeling big from your thighs to your eyes..but you defiantely do not look that way. I am glad that you are enjoying being preggo so far. It really is such a fun experience.
Post a Comment