November 1, 2011

Pregnancy Update

How Far Along: 37 Weeks

Size of Baby: 6 lbs, 5 oz. I think he's dropped a little bit lower now because I can actually take a deep breath now!

Maternity Clothes: I hope I can still squeeze into these for a few more weeks- they’re getting a bit snug!

Gender: According to the onesie my Aunt Kathy gave us, he’s a Ladies Man!

Name: My mom’s been calling him Rex lately, which I do think is quite cute, but Neil and I are sticking with “The Baby” for now.

Movement: I actually feel like he’s been moving a little bit less the last couple of weeks and it’s driving me crazy!

Sleep: Not too bad most of the time. Luckily, my need to urinate doesn’t usually wake me up at night- I pee a ton during the day, but I don’t drink quite as much at night so even though I might wake up throughout the night, I’m at least able to stay in my cozy warm bed.

What I Miss: Quickly and easily shaving my legs. Not having to stop and rest because I’m so out of breath after walking up 1 measly flight of stairs. And having a brain/memory. I’m always a forgetful person, but I miss having even half a brain. During this pregnancy, I’ve gone down to no brain at all and I can’t remember ANYTHING! If it’s not written down, it will not get done! I can’t even put a normal sentence together half the time and can’t remember how to do simple things that I’ve done millions of times (i.e. how to upload pictures onto my blog).

Cravings: I can’t think of anything new that I’ve been craving.

Symptoms: I’ve had quite a few pregnancy “symptoms” lately. If I bend over even a little bit after I’ve eaten, my food tries to come back up. My face (and everything else too obviously) is definitely getting rounder. I’m getting quite lazy these days. A lot of times the baby will push really hard on my bladder and make me almost pee my pants! I guess it’s kind of a good thing because it makes me practice kegel exercises! I’ve even gotten heartburn a few times, which I’ve never had in my life!

Weird Things: I’ve gotten really, really clumsy. And I think I’m losing my hearing (actually it’s Neil who thinks that).

Worries: I’m sure hoping that everything on, in, and pertaining to my body will go somewhat back to what it was pre-pregnancy (PS I’d prefer sooner rather than later). I know it will take time and work and discipline, but even with all those things, I know that sometimes bodies are just plain ruined. I’d really like for that not to be the case with me.

Best Moment of the Week(s): This isn’t necessarily the BEST moment, but it’s definitely something to make note of. Exactly at 36 weeks, people started giving me those awesome comments about looking like I’m about to pop, the fact that I’m waddling, asking why I wasn’t at the hospital yet, or just mentioning my overall “hugeness”. At least I didn’t get these throughout my whole pregnancy and it only started happening toward the end.

Appointments This Week: Of course- I’m on the weekly schedule. My doctor says there are no signs that I'll be going into labor anytime too soon. In fact, he asked me how I felt about going to 41 weeks! (I said NOT GOOD!)

What I’m Looking Forward To: Neil and I are going to spend a couple of days up in Deer Valley for some last minute fun and relaxation.

Something I've Learned/Realized: I can’t believe how much crap this child is going to need (or maybe it’s more of how much crap I want him/me to have…) Luckily, we’ve been totally spoiled by our fabulous family and friends!

Pictures:

36 weeks

37 weeks

4 comments:

Nicole and Randon said...

I guess if you went 41 weeks, you'd at least get paid for Thanksgiving weekend! And... you would come back to work a week later! :) By the way, walking up those stairs at school kill me too! My heart starts racing and I am always huffing and puffing and feel so out of shape!

C and MC said...

I had heartburn once while prego with Cam. I had never had it in my life either, but ate pizza kind of late that night. It was AWFUL. ew, it woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. You're so close! (Come on, you can do 41 weeks, I did 42 and I hardly even remember those extra 2 weeks now. :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww I want to touch your belly :)
(And skype with it dammit - my fault...)
xoxo Georgy

LeeAnn said...

Soon we will have another very wonderful baby to hold and spoil! 40... 41, whatever it takes!