November 7, 2011

Relax

This weekend was all about relaxation and trying NOT to stress about getting things ready for the baby.
I asked Kelsey to come over and do a nose waxing party for us because it's been forever since we've done it. Here's Kels, Tay and Jeff. (the reason they have post it notes is so the wax doesn't pull off their mustache hair)

You can't tell very well, but all of us (minus the kiddies) have the wax in our noses here.


Neil and I escaped to Park City for the rest of the weekend for one last little getaway as a DINK couple. We stayed at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley and it was wonderful! (saturday was the only day we took pictures so it looks like we stayed in the same clothes all weekend!)


The weather was way colder than I was expecting but the fireplaces everywhere kept us warm.


We walked up and down main street and did a little shopping


and ate at a couple of really cute and yummy cafes.


We're just waiting for our dinner reservation at the hotel in this picture.


Neil with his awesome chocolate brulee. This was one of the best meals we have ever had- we would HIGHLY recommend eating (and staying) at Stein Eriksen!


We also played some chess, which was very fun and something we had never done together before. This handsome devil beat me though.
The mini-trip was so great and just what we needed! The cold weather, mountains, the hotel and the food made us feel like we were back in Europe- which was just 9 short months ago!
The only thing that wasn't perfect about this weekend was that I started getting a sore throat on Thursday night and by Sunday morning it had turned into a terrible cold!

3 comments:

CHELSEY said...

Ouch..

Do you work @ Legacy or drive a white Lexus suv? I think I see you sometimes?....

LeeAnn said...

Wow! That looks so beautiful and I am glad you got to get away and relax!

LeeAnn said...

PS: nose waxing makes me want to vomit!