You're probably already aware that this year is the 10th anniversary of the SLC Olympics. They're doing quite a few things to celebrate this including rebroadcasting the opening ceremonies, relighting the torch, having some of the ice skaters come back to do a show, and having Mitt Romney come back to town.
I wish I would've done more when the Olympics were here, I was 17 and cared more about other things I guess. I was lucky enough to go to the speed skating event and I think that's when Apolo won the gold and I also got to go to a concert (I don't remember which one), but I feel I should've done more.
Anyways, one of the very coolest things about the Olympics is that both of my parents were nominated and chosen to be torch bearers. I searched everywhere for pictures of them, but I only found one on a computer- the others are on my dad's wall with his torch.

I had to take a picture of my mom's picture (yes, I know you can see me in the reflection, never mind that!)
Our family.

Dad ran it in Logan. They didn't get to pass off to each other (that would have been AMAZING) but they both ran it the same night. Very cool!
Another great memory of the Olympics is when we were eating at Hire's and Mitt Romney was there too. My mom tapped him on the shoulder as he was paying and said, "Great job, Mitt!" He looked at Jill who gave him the thumbs up and then looked at all of us with a "You guys are idiots" smile. You had to be there to think it was as hilarious as we do, but it was classic!
2 comments:
That's pretty cool. How far did they run it?
Ha ha - your Mitt story made me laugh! And super cool that they ran the torch, I had forgotten about that!
Post a Comment