The other day, Barrett proved to me that he's really turning into a toddler by making mess after mess after mess...
The first mess started when I put him to bed for a nap. We're in the middle of transitioning down to 1 nap and it's not going very well! He still needs 2 naps but only wants to take 1- it's really stressing me out.
ANYWAYS... He decided he didn't want to nap so he played in his crib for a while and then gagged himself until he threw up. He's done this before and it drives me CRAZY! So mess number 1 was cleaning up Barrett, his outfit, his crib, his mattress, and his sheets. (I didn't take any pictures of that. You're welcome.)
While I'm in the bathroom rinsing and stain treating his clothes and sheets, Bear gets into the drawers and pulls out some little lotions and opens them. He does this all the time actually, but when he gets the lid off, he says uh-oh and either puts the lid back on or hands me the bottle so I can put the lid back on. This time when he took the lid off, he started flinging the bottle around so lotion flew everywhere! Don't worry, I got my camera to get some shots of this mess.
Here he is trying to dig out more lotion to make more messes.
Then he decided there needed to be lotion on the wood floor too.
Smearing it around.
This doesn't even show how messy he got himself.
I couldn't clean it up with him in the way and I didn't dare leave him out of my sight, so I trapped him in the tub. He immediately tried to turn on the water and when I didn't let him, he tried to climb out.
Next I had to get his clothes off (this was already his 2nd outfit for the day since he just puked on his 1st outfit) so I could stain treat them too. He had to stay in the tub still.
Even though I had to constantly watch him to make sure he didn't turn on the water or climb out/fall out of the tub, I was able to clean up the lotion mess. The floor is still a little slippery though. At least the lotion smelled really good and helped cover up the smell of his puke!
After everything else was cleaned up, Bear finally got to have a bath and get all the messes off of him!
Here's a little clip of him slipping/playing around in the lotion. I've never put a video on here, so hopefully it works.
We also found ants in the house (how do ants get up to the 20th floor!?) AND discovered that our shower in leaking onto the floor in the closet. Such a crazy day!

5 comments:
Oh, man. I TOTALLY feel you on this! It's cute and frustrating but I've learned to just roll with it and try to capture the moment (like you are) instead of freaking out (which I still do at times). Good luck today!!
Oh man, I am so glad I'm not the only one! I was laughing while reading your post because Eli is pretty much into everything now, too. And, he's started to get mad when he doesn't get what he wants!
That is so freakin' funny! Awww he's still so cute though, even if he is getting mischievous!! :D :D
P.s You need to put more videos on your blog. OR just text them to me. Either will do :)
Oh boy, that does sound like a joyous day!;) It's good you documented it though so you can laugh about it later!
Post a Comment