As far back as I can remember, our family (and usually the Badger's and Niederhauser's too) would go on family vacation to either Sun Valley, Idaho or Newport Beach, California. We'd alternate every other year and I grew up just loving both places and all the great memories made there.
Every year, we got to go to one of these places and then we'd also get up to our family cabin in Bear Lake too.
We've also been extremely lucky to get to do many other little trips as well each year, like several trips to Disneyland and Disney World, and Neil and I have gotten to do a few great international trips too. Most of those trips are already on the blog, so we'll go way back for some pictures (at least as far back as I had a digital camera)
Here's Taylor and Jason in 2004 in Sun Valley. Maybe you understand now why the kids were calling them uncle Taylor and aunt Jason :)
Me, Tay, and Jason, the same year.
2005 in Newport Beach. Maxwell.
Nicholas and Don.
Jason, Sean, and Neil.
Neil, Tay, and Jason.
Me and McCord at Sea World.
Me and Berrie, Sun Valley, 2006.
Taylor, Jason, and Shelley.
In 2007 we shook things up a bit and went to Hawaii for family vacation. It was awesome, as you would expect.
Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked... Long story short, from 2008 until now we stopped the Sun Valley/Newport Beach trips and only went to our cabin to make things easier for everyone with babies. (Here comes another long story)
This year, we didn't know what we were going to do because the cabin is getting the kitchen remodeled. We all threw out some good ideas, but no one ever did anything about booking us a place anywhere.
A few weeks ago we started getting more serious about the trip since everyone had already taken time off work but everywhere we tried to get was totally booked! We couldn't find condos or houses or reasonable hotels anywhere! We looked at Newport, Sun Valley, Bear Lake, St. George, and Park City and couldn't find anything that was big enough for our huge group- that's not completely true, but we didn't want to spend as much as some places were asking.
Finally, I found a few houses up in Eden, Utah and they were still a bit pricey but time was running out. So, that's where family vacation is this year. I'm totally excited about it because I've never really spent any time up in that area.
Utah is so beautiful, I always want to explore more parts of it but then I never do, so this is the perfect chance! Plus, even though things get very wild with so many little kids, I can't wait to spend so much time with our family. And I know Barrett is going to have a blast being surrounded all week!


1 comment:
I love that you saved Family Vacation. Nicely done! I'm excited to see pictures from your Eden trip! I've heard tell it is super pretty there!
Post a Comment