January 10, 2015

Stretch Marks (Boo!)

We all know that stretch marks are a part of life and especially a part of pregnancy for most women.  They suck.  I was really lucky with my first pregnancy and even though I did get a few stretch marks, they're small, white and not super noticeable.  
Even if it's a huge scam (right Georgy!?), I use creams to try to avoid any more stretch marks but I can't find a cheap one that I like.  I figure, it can't hurt to use something and I would be using lotion all over anyways, so why not buy a stretch mark lotion?
This is the latest one I bought and I don't like the smell at all- although I have gotten a little more used to it.

I used this one towards the end of my last pregnancy and I really hate the smell of it!

This one I absolutely LOVE.  It feels good and it smells good but it's $35-40 and only lasts me a month.  I used this during the first trimester with Barrett and this time, but I just can't spend that much money on something that might not even work!
If you have good suggestions, let me know!  I need to try something new.

**update: Here's 2 more things that I've tried.
This one smells a little weird but not too bad.  It's oil but I didn't notice it staining any of my clothes.  I usually put it on before bed though, so maybe that's why.  It was about $15.00 on Amazon.

This one smells like baby lotion (which I'm actually not a huge fan of- especially on adults).  It's oily but also kind of sticky (sticky isn't the word I want, but I can't think of another one right now).  It lasted a lot longer on my body, but I thought the tube was pretty hard to squeeze. This was only $4 at Target!  I still got an itchy belly on occasion, but didn't feel dry when I used this.  I think this may have been my winner.  I did notice that after months and months of using it, my night shirt was definitely stained a little darker.

5 comments:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

I have an amazing suggestion. Since I work at a maternity store. ;) Body Boost is the best! It even helps vanish them when you have some and we have three smelly good smells.

Christy said...

I just used baby oil gel. It was pretty much a mess but my stomach was never dry and I didn't get any stretch marks. I'm not sure if it helped or if it was genetics or the fact that it was baby #1, but it's like $2 at Wal Mart. That's what I'll probably use in the future. Good luck!

McCall said...

This is the exact advice I was looking for! Thanks you guys!

Miss Morgan said...

I've heard coconut oil is suppose to help too.

Unknown said...

Lol. It IS a scam. I see women who cover themselves with every cream known to man and they still get bad stretch marks. Then you get people like me who use nothing and get none. It's genetic. The best thing you can do is to drink lots of water and not put on too much extra weight ;) xx