Neil and Bear were matching a few weeks ago for church. Gray pants, white shirt, and blue tie. Handsome as can be.
Livvie asked him what his dad's name was and his response was "honey." Even though I know he knows his dad's real name, I almost never call Neil, "Neil" so I can see why he thinks his name is honey instead.My parent's home teachers were over recently and were asking Barrett about the talk he gave in primary. She asked him what he spoke about and he said Jesus. She said, "What did Jesus do?" Barrett said, "He died for our sins." I was blown away!
He has been using funny words lately such as totally and super. That totally hurt me! This is super hard! He also tells me to "check this out!" And responds with "You betcha baby." He also says dude- I'm not sure where some of these things come from.
Barrett has been super into taking pictures lately. He just goes around the house with either the camera or someone's phone and takes pictures of whatever. I found some hilarious ones on my parent's camera of my mom changing her clothes and some on my phone of me changing (I quickly deleted all of those ones)! Also about 100 selfies. He was very adamant about getting a picture of him with this rope a couple weeks ago.
He's gotten really imaginative and continues to play by himself more and more. He often pretends to be an animal or a baby lately. Or he'll just play with some of his toys and have them talk and fight and stuff. I think it's pretty cute and funny to listen to.
He's found a favorite pair of shoes. These Lightening McQueen sneakers (which I realize you can't even really see in the picture) are the ones he picks every day. They're super easy for him to put on himself and they light up at the back. What's not to love!?
My dad handed me this page in the newspaper the other day and we thought it was so funny that the article was about a girl named McCall Christensen. There was another one a few days after because this girl was apparently the star of Brighton High's basketball team and they took state this year. You don't hear my name that often, but especially my first and (former) last name!
This happened a while ago but I forgot to write it down. My dad was taking Barrett potty and was just sitting on the edge of the tub while he waited for him to go. My dad fell backward into the tub and Barrett goes, "That was not cool or awesome."
I've been doing a bedtime chart with Barrett so we can all get more sleep. It didn't start out very well, but he improved each week. (He can earn 2 stickers per night- 1 for staying in bed at night and 1 for staying in bed til the sun comes up.)
Last week he finally got all of his stickers!
His prize was a Sally car. For some reason the pack of Cars we got from Disneyland didn't include her.
LaLa had a piece of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. He smelled it and said, "That smells tasty!"
Jill taught him how to wink. She took the cutest video and sent it to me while I was out of town. This is just a snapshot from the video.
Lightsabers are still a huge hit at our house. Pun intended. He always says the funniest things during fights. He'll say "Nice to fight you Jedi" or whoever. He really loves Star Wars- I think Neil only shows him the cartoon version. I hope! He's very obsessed with good guys vs. bad guys. He always has to have 2 toys that fight and one is good and one is bad. He'll also tell you whether you're the good guy or the bad guy when you sword fight or play anything with him.
Barrett also invented this game with these wooden knives called Knife, Knife, Hit. It has recently been banned.
Often when he asks a question and I answer it, he'll reply with, "ohhhhhhh, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah." Like you're just reminding him of the answer he already knew. Which is probably actually the case most of the time.
Barrett and I (and my mom) are obsessed with Maroon 5's song Sugar. So Bear asked Neil if he liked that song too. Neil said it's okay. Barrett yells, "Mom, put it on, he LOVES that song!"




3 comments:
What a funny kid. Love the winking picture. Haha
He has quite the sense of humour and definitely sounds exactly like his mumma! Hahaha :D
I love when Neil and Bear dress the same! He is really loving daddy time!
Post a Comment