Neil and I spent the day up at the Homestead in Midway yesterday to go swim in the crater. This was my first time swimming in it. Neil went last winter with his family, but I was pregnant and decided to just stay home with Barrett.
The crater is a natural geothermal pool that is about 96° all year round.
This is what it looks like from the outside.
This is on the inside.
We took Neil's go pro camera and took a hundred pictures that would've been really cool but the camera was on the wrong setting :( so 99% of our pictures in the water were totally blurry.
We did some snorkeling. There's not too much to see to be honest.
Many people get their scuba certifications done at the crater so they have these floating rectangles that are used for that I think. Neil had fun going down to the first rectangle which is about 10-15 feet deep.
This picture looks funny because you can't really tell that we're relaxing floating on our backs in the water, it kind of looks like I'm dead.
Bear laughed when he saw this picture and asked why we were kissing in the deep water.
This is on top of the crater, you can go on a little bridge and look down into it.
The resort was all decorated cute for fall. I wished we had the kids for this part to take some pictures.









1 comment:
Looks like a fun date!
Post a Comment