At 5 months old, Eden weighs a whopping 12.4 lbs. It doesn't seem like much but as I've looked through her other pictures, I can see lots of growth!
She is very much a mama's girl!
She's getting more used to sitting up in her bumbo or boppy and likes that she has a better view of what's going on around her.
She drools and spits up a ton so she almost always has a bib on.
She loves playing with Barrett and he loves playing with her!
She is a major scratcher and pincher! It's best to wear long sleeves and a high neckline when holding her.
I put the heater in by her when I was taking these pictures because I didn't want her to get cold and she did not like it! Every time the hot air would blow on her, she'd make this disgusted face.
We went to visit my cousin Liddle and her daughters last week and Eden and Saoirse had the same outfit!
This is the look she gave Neil when he tried to hold her bottle for her. (it's gross colored milk because it has her disgusting vitamin drops in it)
Eden is a pretty light sleeper which is weird to me especially because she sleeps in our bedroom still and we're always putting away laundry, getting ready for the day/night, and Neil snores, so I don't know how she still hasn't gotten used to noises, but she certainly hasn't.
We have been working to get on somewhat of a nap schedule and that is going ok. Although I am CONVINCED she has a 6th sense for when I leave the house! If I put her to sleep and then run an errand, I come home and whoever was tending her tells me that she woke up as soon as walked out the door. It's insane.
Nighttime sleep seems to be getting worse... She wakes up every hour or so because her binky has fallen out of her mouth and she wants me to put it back in. She can put it in her mouth herself just fine, I think she just doesn't think to look for it at night. I put like 5 binkies in her bed the other night to increase her odds of finding one but it didn't help.
Up until her 5 month birthday, she's been sleeping in a smaller cradley-type thing that holds her in a position kind of like she's being held and she's gotten very comfortable and used to that. The good thing about that is since it kind held her in one position, she couldn't roll over in it and I could continue to swaddle her.
Unfortunately, she has started to grow out of that napper bed and now has to sleep on her flat mattress. That also means I can't swaddle her arms down anymore in case she rolls over😩 So, her first night of sleeping flat with her arms out didn't go very well at all. She was up even more than usual and it took a lot more than just replacing her binky to get her back to sleep. We were both exhausted after that but we've got to get her used to it.
The next morning, Neil told me he didn't know how I can stay so patient all night and I responded, "Well, I don't want to go to jail!" Which is funny but also very true.
I need this situation to be my reminder with the next baby to just start from day 1 with them sleeping on a flat mattress instead of having to get used to it 5 months later!
**Update: So 1 month later and I can say sleep has been going quite horribly. For a solid month it's taken me about 30 minutes to get her to sleep for naps only for her to wake up when I set her in her crib. So I'd get her back to sleep and she'd sleep for 20-40 minutes. I have spent basically all day every day trying to get her to sleep and back to sleep. Nighttime has been okay, most the time she's gone to sleep around 7 and then just wakes up sometime between 4-6 for food. She can find a binky for herself now and put it in her own mouth. All those crappy naps have nearly put me over the edge though.








1 comment:
She's too cute! Can't believe she's five months. Hopefully you're able to get some sleep.
Literally right before I read this, I read somebody else's monthly post on their five month old who weighs 21 pounds!! Crazy!
Post a Comment