November 27, 2015

Barrett's Birthday

My beautiful boy turned 4 years old this week!  So hard to believe!  He woke up and opened his presents. 


This is when Neil brought out his new Star Wars bike with a bunch of balloons tied to it.

He liked the bike,
 but I think he was even more excited about the balloons.

Neil and I got to go to preschool with him that morning for a few minutes to celebrate his birthday there.  He got to hold the flag for the Pledge of Allegiance.

And then I talked about Bear for a little while and showed a few pictures.

His teacher made him a cute birthday crown and we sang happy birthday.  He wanted to take fruit snacks for a treat to share which was awesome for me because it was so easy!

Not long after we got back from preschool, his most darling sunbeams teacher came by with more balloons and a present for him too.  She is seriously the best!
She gave him a big bunch of balloons, candy, and a framed picture of him and his sunbeams class.  It was adorable!
Luke, Barrett, Anna, Kehtra.

Then we surprised Barrett by taking him to see a movie with a few of his friends.  We invited my mom, Eli and Nicole, and the Love family.  Eli gave him this awesome stomp rocket- we've been having a blast with it!

They played some arcades before heading in to watch the show.

Rylee, Bear, and Tyce.  This was the show they saw, it was mostly sad and scary with only a few fun parts of it, I definitely wouldn't recommend taking really little kids to it.  Barrett liked it though.

That night we had dinner and cake.  He wanted a Darth Vader cake so that's what I made.  I am not a cake maker at all- every year I swear that's the last time I going to try to make one, but for some reason I keep doing it!


He was so excited to get to blow out the candles all by himself.  Nick took it upon himself to help ensure that would happen but Ali knew it wasn't his turn and I'm sure he wouldn't have even tried.



This is what your tongue looks like when you eat black frosting.  I seriously couldn't believe it.  Most people scraped off the frosting and just ate the cake or ate a cupcake instead, but not Lu! 
Trying out his new bike for the first time.

Thanks to everyone who helped celebrate my favorite 4 year old!

1 comment:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

I think you did a good job on the cake. Now I know why you keep making them; you are good at it. I suck at making cakes.