When Eden was 6 weeks old, she completely stopped pooping by herself (without intervention). After she hadn't pooped for 2 weeks, it was recommended that I give her a suppository. Two weeks later, she still hadn't pooped on her own and I had to give her another suppository.
The next step was to start her on a liquid medicine called Lactulose. I gave her that for 2 months and then we moved on to Miralax which seemed to be more effective. I also tried giving her probiotic drops for about a month, I'm not sure if those helped or not.
She started getting baby food in December and since then has slowly been able to poop with no medicine! Now she goes pretty regularly but those ~5 months were so stressful for me, I hated that she wouldn't just go when she needed to.
Bear did the same thing when he was a baby but it seemed like it started for him when I went back to work and he started getting some formula while I was gone. I don't know what the deal is with my babies and pooping but I didn't like it. The only plus is we had very few blowouts!
No comments:
Post a Comment