This is one of the churches in Florence in Piazza Santa Maria Novella. It looks like I'm holding 2 Arby's sandwiches or hamburgers or something, but they're actually delicious banana and Nutella crepes! YUM!
Neil and I in front of the Fiume Arno.
We went to the Uffizi Gallery and loved it!
I want to say that this is a Michelangelo sculpture, but I'm not 100% positive.
I have never seen a midget in any painting ever, so I thought this painting was pretty sweet (and hilarious).
PLUS, on the same piece of canvas, the artist painted the front and the back of the dwarf, making it DOUBLE cool!!
I LOVE Botticelli's Birth of Venus painting! love it
There was an exhibit that we didn't go to, but the posters for it were everywhere. You can't tell very well in the picture, but this skull is covered in diamonds. Neil wanted his picture with it because when he dies, he told me that he wants his skull bedazzeled like this :)

This is outside Il Duomo, a gorgeous cathedral inside and out
We climbed the 463 steps to make it to the top of the dome and get a great view of Florence. This is inside the dome. Pretty sweet!
Michelangelo's infamous statue of David. Very beautiful and amazing. I'm not looking at the camera because we were sneaking a picture and trying not to get yelled at by the picture nazi's. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I had no idea that "David" is supposed to be David from the Bible story David and Goliath. I had never heard that before- I always thought he was holding an apple!
I loved Florence!
3 comments:
Those crepes look yummy!!
I'm so jealous you were in Italy. My favorite place in Europe. And specifically Florence. I studied abroad all over Italy in 2005 and fell in love with Florence above all other places. I tell Rico my fantasies of us living there someday :) It's so enchanting.
ok that's hilarious. If he was holding an apple, wouldn't he have been Adam?
Post a Comment