So, after we left Interlaken, we got on a very long train ride to Venice, Italy.
We took a lot of train rides, but most of them weren't too long or too uncomfortable.
We also went to a lot of churches on our trip. Some were better than others. This is one from Venice (not a great one)

I can't say I loved Venice, in fact, I can't even say I LIKED Venice. It was cold, it was snowing, and we missed our train out of there! Neither of us wanted to be out in that crappy weather.

We weren't there for very long (and I was glad!) but one night we went to San Marco Square and it was funny to see all the crazy people dressed up for Carnivale. There were very few people who weren't dressed up in weird costumes that night! Carnivale makes for GREAT people watching!


The bad thing about going on our trip when we did was the terrible weather, obviously. I really hate the cold. In fact, my new "vacation proclamation" is that if I have to pack a coat, it's NOT a vacation! The good thing about going when we did though, is that is wasn't crowded. We went and did very touristy things and we didn't have to share too much with other obnoxious tourists. I think I'd like to go back to all these places again in warmer weather, but then I might just be pissed about how many people are there!
2 comments:
I am loving all these pictures, it looks amazing (and cold)
Italy is better in the summer when you can wander around and not worry about freezing to death. But it looks like you are having fun and I am jealous!
Post a Comment