How Far Along: 28 ½ weeks! Today is actually my 200th day of being pregnant!
Size of Baby: He’s the size of a small head of cabbage and weighs just under 3 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Ya know how you always think you have nothing to wear even if you have a whole closet full of stuff? Well, that gets a million times worse when you’re pregnant!
Gender: XY
Name: Still working on it.
Movement: All the time and I LOVE it!
Sleep: Baby’s helping me get less and less sleep all the time so I’m ready for when he gets here and I never get to sleep ever again! I do hate the fact that I actually have to wake up to move and adjust in the night, I hope that goes away when I’m not so big (assuming there will be a day when I’m not so big!)
What I Miss: Bending over. I have an overweight friend at work named Jason and one time he told me that he has to hold his breath to put on his shoes. I felt so bad for him at the time but now I can totally sympathize with him- it’s horrible!
Cravings: Tomatoes and especially tomato juice- I LOVE this stuff lately!!
Symptoms: Horrible feet and calf cramps, especially when I move at night. I feel like I’ve started waddling now instead of walking. My lower back bones still hurt regularly (I still think it’s my SI joint and not sciatica) and now my upper back muscles have started getting super sore. I could really use a massage about now! I’m getting Braxton Hicks contractions now too. It really grosses me out that I barely have to bend forward before my boobs touch the top of my stomach!
Weird Things: Obviously my baby hears me talk all day, so he’s getting to know my voice, but I’ve only actually talked to him once or twice- outloud anyways. I talk to him all day long in my head. I figure that since we’re in the same body, he can probably hear my thoughts, I don’t know why I think that, but I’m pretty sure it’s true :)
Worries: Finding a long-term sub that can teach my 7 different subjects and then getting everything ready for him or her PLUS trying to prepare things for the time that I am still at school!! I don’t know how I’m going to have it all done by the time the baby’s born.
Best Moment of the Week: Neil's been home with me ALL week this week! He’s been out of town for the last 3 and only comes home for a day or two on the weekends :(
Appointments This Week: We went in on Wednesday and everything is looking great. My baby boy is growing perfectly!
What I’m looking forward to: Deciding on a name (which might never happen), setting up his nursery (that also might not happen- that room has gotten so crammed with stuff and it’ll take so much energy to actually organize it all!), and seeing what my little guy's face looks like!
Something I've Learned/Realized: Pregnancy is so much harder than I ever expected. It’s obviously very physically demanding and difficult (and I’m having a relatively easy pregnancy), but I had no idea how emotionally tough it is too!
Pictures:
27 weeks
I did my glucose test this week, I haven't heard if I passed yet or not. It wasn't as bad as people said, the drink wasn't as sugary as I'd hoped either. I wanted it to be like pure sugar kool-aid!
28 Weeks
3 comments:
You still look teeny to me. I am glad that everything is going good.
Congrats McCall! You look great. (Found your blog through Kim P's)
:)
I love these posts! And I especially love to feel him kick even though he likes to trick me and stop kicking everytime I put my hands on your beautiful belly!
Post a Comment