Over the weekend, we wanted to do a few things in honor of the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
We ate at NYPD pizza, watched one of the many documentaries on TV about 9/11, and my parents got out the firetruck for the kids to play on. Okay, so maybe these things were more coincidental than I'd like to admit... Then Neil actually went to New York City (although luckily he changed his flight from the 11th to the 12th!), so I'm hoping even more than usual that there will be no more attacks anywhere in the country (but especially NY).
It's impossible to forget where you were it happened or at least when you found out. I was a senior at Layton High. First period was seminary, so naturally, I showed up with about 10 minutes left in class. During the closing prayer, the person prayed for the people in New York and I had no idea what they were referring to. In my next class period, we sat and watched the news so we all knew what was going on. What a tragic day.
In the words of Bart Simpson (who took them from singer Toni Basil, who probably didn't even write the song)...
Hey America
You're so fine
You're so fine
You blow my mind
Hey America.
1 comment:
9/11 is still so unbelieveable. I love our country!
Post a Comment