July 5, 2014

4th of July

I had a nail appointment and I wanted to do something that was beachy since we're going on vacation soon but I also wanted to do something patriotic.  Pretty good combo, huh?  I didn't do them myself, but I told her what designs to do, so because of that,  I'd say I nailed it ;)

We should have incorporated some red to our patriotic outfits.

The 3 of us went to the Layton parade.  It was kind of lame BUT it was way calmer than the Kaysville parade.  People actually stayed in their seats and the people in the parade just brought candy right to the kids.  It was really nice.  Super hot though.

Bear didn't love the noisy firetrucks and ambulances.

He was super excited about getting this popsicle!

Waving to the parade people.

His popsicle broke and fell into a bunch of pieces on the ground.  It was pretty traumatizing.  

But soon he got more candy and was fine.
After a good nap, we went over to Papa and Grandma's house for a bbq. Barrett was glued to Henry and wanted to do everything he did.

We brought some fireworks because we wouldn't be out late enough to let Bear see any.
 They weren't anything too amazing, but it was still really fun.


The boys all ran through the smoke after each firework (not pictured: the smoke).

They played played Harry Potter with the sparklers and were casting spells at each other.  Barrett wasn't of course since he doesn't know any spells yet.

1 comment:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

That seems like a really nice parade. Yeah we went to the Kaysville one last year and we wouldn't impressed.