July 23, 2014

This Is Summer

This week has been packed full of fun (actually I guess this was all last week).  It makes me wish summer would never end so we could always play with our friends and cousins!
Bear waited for weeks to make cupcakes with LaLa.

We filled up the kiddie pool and invited cousins over to play.  He got his first bee sting this day.  He was trying to save it from drowning in the pool so he scooped it out and it stung his thumb.  He didn't fuss at all, he just brought it over to show me the bug (the bee was still attached to his thumb) and I pulled the bee/stinger out.  Tough baby! 


We met up with Kelsey, Tyce, and Rylee to play at Cherry Hill.  Bear was SO happy to see these guys again and has been saying he wants to go back to Denver.


We went and played at Nicole's house and let the kids run through the sprinklers.



We went clear down to Thanksgiving Point to the Museum of Curiosity.  Wish we would've had more time to spend there- it's huge and also quite crowded.

This was the weirdest story time ever.  Definitely should've skipped it.
Rylee, Bear, Macie, Camri, and Brin.  And Kels and Court too.

At least the kids got to make these little dragonflies.

I ran into our friends Jason and Heather and their kids at the museum.  That was especially funny because I ran into Heather at Cherry Hill that Tuesday too!

Bear and Colton.

Courtney, Macie, and Rylee.

Kelsey and Bear.  He loves her so much!

Bear and Rylee.

Missy, Court, Kelsey, and me.

Saturday we went swimming at GiGi's.

Neil took Bear off the diving board.
 He did much better than I was expecting.  He did cough up plenty of water, but didn't cry.


The kids had a lot of fun with their uncle Neils.


After swimming, we met up with some friends at the Waffle Wagon.  Seriously yum!  My one complaint (and it's a pretty big oversight) is that they don't bring along any tables or chairs with them and waffles are not easy to eat and hold at the same time.  Especially with kids!
back row: Neil, Heather, Greyson, Jason, Aaron. Front row: Barrett, Alli, Lucy, Kaia.

So we headed a few doors down to Pace's and ordered more food there so we could sit at their tables.

After dinner, we dropped Barrett off at home so he could go to bed and we all headed down to the Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve.  It's actually on the same street as my old school in West Layton, but I had never been there.




The pictures of course doesn't do it justice, but it was a beautiful area to walk around and the sunset was incredible!

Sunday we had LaLa's official birthday dinner and the Christensen's came to town. (As in, my brother and his family)
I need to be a better planner so all our weeks are this fun!

2 comments:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

Love all the fun and the pictures. I was wondering what that waffle wagon was. I have seen it but never went by it.

LeeAnn said...

Lots of really fun, great pictures and memories!