April 8, 2015

Easter Weekend

I saw an article in the newspaper about a month ago about this new place in Park City serving South African pocket sandwiches (called jaffles).  They sounded so good to me that I took a picture of the article so I could go there sometime.  On Friday, Neil and I made the drive to Park City to get us some jaffles at Jafflz.  Oh my gosh, I'm so glad we went!  I know they probably don't sound that great, but they really were. 
We got 5 because I figured we probably weren't going to be going back anytime soon and I wanted to try a lot of them.  Neil got a lamb curry and a peach cobbler jaffle.  I got a bacon, egg, and cheese, a peanut butter and jelly, and a nutella and banana one!  YUMMMMM!
They're just little sandwiches made in this cast iron clamshell type thing.  Sounds pretty basic but I was super happy about them!  AND to top off my happiness, there was a sign that said if you liked Jafflz on Facebook you'd get a free sweet jaffle, so I did that and the girl gave me THREE free jaffles!!  She was so sweet, she said that since there were 3 of us eating (Neil, me, and the baby) we could get 3 for free.  Seriously, go to this place if you're ever near Park City.

Afterwards, we met up with my family at Connie and Craig's for the Easter egg hunt.    We're lucky that they're still generous enough to host a million people each year!  The kids all love going to their house because there is literally anything and everything fun to do there.


Max and Tink looking for their eggs and surprises.  And little Jakey on the tramp. He is so little and cute.

Reagan, Jed, and Lindy.

Liv.

Reags and Nick.

Bear, Lyla, and Cooper.

These cute "brothers."  Nick is always so good to play with Bear.
 Our little fam.

Sorting out the candy and money.  Grandma CC does a ton of work getting ready for this each year.


Rand sent me this cute picture he got of Bear with his awesome camera.  This kid loves sticks so much.

Saturday we dyed our eggs.

The fizzy colors are pretty fun!  Bear wanted to do all of them.  He definitely did the majority, but had to share a few with his cousins.

He made 9 or 10 eggs too and was very careful getting them in and out of the dyes.



I didn't even think to get a picture of any of the eggs we made. I guess I still could since they're just in the fridge.


Sunday morning, he got up and started looking for eggs.  His basket was hidden behind this table and chair where he hides every single day when he hears someone coming home.

One of the things in his Easter basket.

I think he liked finding the eggs best. Some were plastic and filled with candy, others were the hard-boiled ones we made.

He had to line them all up and count them, of course.  He loves counting things and he's really good at it.

Then they needed a little rest because Bear had woken up pretty early that day.

Oh and Neil bought me this humongous Reese's egg.  Super good!

No comments: