November 2, 2015

Family Halloween Parties

We had an apple dipping party at Shelley's the weekend before Halloween.  Jill made some butter beer.

Some of the delicious treats and toppings for apples.

The day before Halloween, we gathered at my parent's house for pumpkin carving and her Halloween Hack Up Cafe.  Bear painted his pumpkin and was pretty proud of his work.

I was also very proud of his work, he did a smiley face in a different color on every side of the pumpkin.  I LOVED it!


Then when all the cousins were carving pumpkins, he wanted to do that too. He put his hand in there one time and was done with that.  

So I carved him a little spider web.

The Cafe was a hit as usual.  Each person gets a menu with gross items on it and they pick 6 not knowing what they're actually ordering.

These cupcakes were both delicious and disgusting at the same time!  A lab guy that my dad uses often sent them to my dad's office and coincidentally, they were made by one of the assistant's (Myrna's) daughter who bakes gourmet cupcakes/cakes for a living!  They did taste SO good, but those teeth!  No one could stomach eating that one, it looked too real!
So if you're in the market for tasty cakes or cupcakes, I think her company is called The Sweetest Things Bake Shoppe and it's in Syracuse.

1 comment:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

I think you carve pumpkins better than I do. Good job!