December 18, 2015

Big 4 Year Old


I'm a little late on this post because I waited until Eden was 6 months old and I could make both their appointments at the same time.

His favorite colors are green and silver. 

He loves dinosaurs.

Whenever we're playing at a park or a pool or some place where there's other kids around, Bear will always go up to someone and say, "Do you wanna be friends?"

Anytime he is busy with something (usually eating), he'll ask someone else in the room, "Can you watch her (Eden)?  And give her her binky if she cries."  He's so concerned and protective of her.   For months he would ask me, "Is Eden awake, asleep, or crying?"

He is a homebody like his mama and just wants to hang out at home.
He actually calls me "mama" quite often and I like it quite a bit.  I think he does it because we're always trying to get Eden to say mama.
This was the first year I've ever said anything about Santa's nice and naughty lists, I wish I would've remembered to use that more often!

He still takes a 1-3 hour nap and I have to wake him up at 3:30 almost everyday or he'd sleep much later.

His answer to just about everything is "Sure" (except when he's saying NO of course) for example, "Did you have a good day at school today?" SURE!  "Did you hear me?" SURE!  "Are you telling the truth?" SURE! "Did you wash your hands?" Sure I did!

He is a Daddy's boy right now, big time!  It probably has a lot to do with Neil traveling a lot right now so he tries to get every second with him that he can!

He'll be up in bed and either yell or try to sneak to get one of my parents to come in his room and tickle his belly and back and tell him stories about Jesus every night.

I was telling my mom that someone she knows died and Bear overheard and said, "that's too bad... But Jesus will make her alive again. He can make us all live again!"  He told Neil the same thing another day and he asked Neil how he was going to find him and Neil told him he'd know right where he was and we'd all be together.

The other night he was playing a game where he pretended to die and then he said, "Now who wants to be Jesus?" Pops said he would, so then he came back to life again! This is Pops playing Jesus.


Every time I put him down for a nap or bed, when I'm about to leave the room he asks, "What should we play in the morning?"

He earned this candy bar at preschool for counting to 100.  He's been able to do that for quite a while but his teacher said he is her first student ever to be able to do that so soon.  He really loves going to school.

One time he was in my room when I was using my breast pump and he asked me why it was saying raccoon.  I was so confused and first and then I realized he thought the noise the pump makes sounds like it's saying raccoon.  Creative little brain.

He's really improving his writing- and what I mean by that is he's actually learning how now!  I've never really tried to teach him that before.  Sometimes he writes with his left hand and sometimes he writes with his right.

Funny conversation:
B: How old do you have to be to get married?
Me: Gosh, like 25 or even 30.  Do you want to choose who you marry or should I choose for you?
B: you can.  But not an evil person cause she'd ruin the wedding!

Occasionally when he's in trouble for something, he'll say to me, "But I just want to make you happy" which is pretty heartbreaking on my end for sure!

He plays with this Perplexus marble maze game about 10 times a day.  It is really hard but he is so good at it.  I love that he just keeps going back and trying again and again!

He had a great 4 year old checkup.
He is 42.60 inches tall (91st percentile for height!)
39 lbs (78th percentile for weight)
His BMI is 15.38 (41st percentile)

1 comment:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

What a cute handsome little guy you have!