June 24, 2016

1 Year Old AKA Here Come the Tears

I don't know how it happened but last week my tiny angel turned 1 year old!  I have said this before but I'm going to say it again, it's not fair that 9 months of pregnancy feels like an eternity and then the 1st year of life outside the womb is over before you know it!
Here's some of Eden's milestones that I've been able to capture.
She can tell you she's 1.  She will also point at things she wants or where she wants you to take her.
She likes to feed herself. She'll swat food/spoons away if she doesn't want what you're offering.
She pants when she sees a dog- or most any other animal as well as most animals are "dogs" to her.
She has this funny sour face that she does all the time and we're not totally sure what it means.  Usually it's a disapproval but not always.

She will NOT take a bottle, which means no one can put her to sleep except mommy.  Usually that's just fine because I'm with her most of the time, but the rare occasion she's left with someone else is kind of hard!

Just a few days before her birthday, I saw this billboard that had her doctor on it- the one who delivered her.  I thought that was pretty ironic. (not my safest driving moment, but the kids weren't in the car with me AND I wasn't actually looking over at the billboard or down at my phone, I just pointed my phone that way and held down the button)


She loves her binky and raggie so much.  I know she's got a grumpy look in this picture but she was happy to get her binky and raggie in the car- she starts to giggle when she sees her binky and calls it a di dee.  She also tries to say baby (ba ba) and ball (ba) and Barrett (beh).

She'll always put her raggie up to her ear or over her head as soon as she gets it.  She loves to pull my hair as another comfort thing- it's not at all comforting or comfortable for me, but she likes it. 

She's doing a little better with crawling.  Still scoots most of the time but occasionally she'll get up on all fours.


She will answer yes or no to questions/requests by nodding or shaking her head.
I LOVE her sweet little voice.
She's starting to pull herself up on things. Oh she's decided she likes to climb on things and sit on them.


She loves doing anything and everything with Pops!


She LOVES phones now.  She has figured out the home button and gets Siri very confused.


She will arch her back, throw herself, or kick if she doesn't want you to pick her up, hold her, or put her in her car seat/stroller.
Bear is always trying to snuggle her.

Her birthday picture saying she's 1.

Bear wanted his picture too.

The sour face.

The cutest face.

She will clap for herself if you say "good girl!" or "you did it!"
We're always excited to go see Dr. Strasser!
It got cut out of the picture a little bit but she was very fascinated by the bright yellow band aid on her finger- they had to test her iron levels.  

Her one year check up went really well.
She is 29.53 inches long (64th percentile) Dr. Strasser wasn't sure how accurate that measurement was and thought she was probably a little shorter than that.
She weighs 16 lbs 15 oz (6th percentile- up from the 3rd percentile at her last visit!)
Her head is 45 cm (53rd percentile)