I'm OBVIOUSLY not an expert on this at all! I've only done this one show and I didn't even win! So, if you're wanting to do a show- consult a real trainer- not me!
I started dieting 3 1/2 months before the show, but it's different for everyone because of your starting size, I guess. You start by just cutting out anything that has more than 10 grams of sugar in it. You cut out fruit because it's too sugary (even though it's natural sugar). Most people cut out dairy and you keep your sodium levels low. Most vegetables are fine... Except for starchy ones like potatoes and sugary ones like carrots. Throughout the day, you have to drink at least a gallon of water and get 1 gram of protein per pound you weigh. The water and the protein are SUPER important.
The last week before the competition, you gradually lower your carb and water intake. By the last day, you only get about 30-40 grams of carbs and about 20 ounces of water. The worst part about that is that you still have to keep up your workout and you have 0 energy! I've really loved the food I've been eating the last few months- I don't feel like I've missed out on all that much.
The training is simple. Lift Heavy everyday! And you have to cut WAY back on cardio because it burns up too much muscle.
The only other big thing with the competition is the actual show. You have to wear a posing suit- No it's not a swimming suit. You can rent them, buy them, or have them made. The style doesn't really vary, but you can do a million different things with the colors, fabrics, crystals, and stuff like that. Yes, they are very tiny, and yes, you do glue it to your butt so you don't have a total wedgie (just a partial one).
Figure is broken up into height classes and it's really (supposed to be) more about being feminine, toned, and symmetrical than being a huge muscle freak show.
When it's your turn to go on stage, you walk to 3 pre-determined spots and pose.
After everyone has had their own time on stage, we have something called MANDATORIES. We all line up across the stage and try to make our muscles look the tightest and strongest we can. We do front, then side, then back, then other side. Our shoulders have to be square, our heels touching each other, our muscles tight and flexed, our faces relaxed and smiling and NO shaking. We do these mandatory circles over and over until the judges are happy with their judgements. I was sore for a couple days from this!
After the judging in the morning, you do a little photo shoot and if you're lucky, you'll get to take a picture with one of the hotties hanging around backstage.


3 comments:
I tried to eat like you for one day and I was pissed the whole day.
You both have the hottest hottie in the world. Take care of each other!
What made you decide to go for this kind of competition?
Post a Comment