Last Saturday, my friend from work Nicole invited me, Neil, and Kacey to come to the Ropes Course in Provo with her hiking group.
I don't think of myself as a tall person, but I look tall next to Nicole and Kacey.
This was the first course we did, we had to work as a team to get everyone across 5 or 6 low tightropes, it was tricky. Nicole and Neil are both in this pic.

Then we did the climbing wall. I'd never done any sort of rock climbing before so I really wanted to try this.


Kacey was amazing because she's actually really afraid of heights, but she went all the way up anyways. When Neil went, I was belaying (spelling?) him and the workers had to hold me on the ground so that neil and I both didn't go flying.


We did this really enormous and scary swing. Neil, Kacey, and Nicole all did flips, but I was hanging on for my life!
The next course was the scariest of all. You had to climb this huge totem pole, then get on the ledge and then jump to try to grab a ring hanging out in the middle.
I was super impressed that Kacey would do this one- it was super freaky! She's good at facing her fears!


The last thing we did there was called the Eskimo Blanket. Everyone holds an edge of the "blanket" and then pulls at the same time so the person in the middle gets popped high in the air.

We got Nicole pretty dang high!
This is Laura Flanders, she's a friend that also just happened to be there too with the hiking group. We run into each other in the most random places! She was pretty freaked!
The Ropes Course was a great time and we were exhausted after 6 hours there. Go to one if you ever get the chance!
2 comments:
Wow!! That looks like an adventure filled 6 hours. I would be dead tired by the end of that. I had no idea this place existed. Looks like fun --- and a little scary too.
PS. I just read your little blogger profile, I like it. And the fact that Air Supply was on your favorite music list made me SO HAPPY. I LOVE AIR SUPPLY!!!!!
I've been there! It's way fun!
Post a Comment