November 8, 2012

Australia

As you know, Neil and I spent the last 2 weeks in Australia. We planned the trip because one of my best friends was getting married and I got to be a bridesmaid!  We got to Sydney in time for me to go to Georgy's bachelorette party (or hens party as they call it).  Here's me with Georgy and 2 of the other bridesmaids, Lizzie and Sarah. 

Me and Lizzie

We went out to eat at The Australian one night and Neil got kangaroo pizza.  They had a lot of very interesting pizzas like crocodile and duck.  I stuck with an old fashioned margherita pizza.

One of the days, Neil and I took a ferry to Cockatoo Island.  It used to be a prison, but now it's just used for film and art festivals.  I was expecting it to be tropical and have cockatoos, but it was more like a scene from a scary movie.
We walked through Dog Leg tunnel, I can't remember exactly how long it was, but we were in there for a while!

The reason we went to Cockatoo Island was to meet up with our good friend Matt and his girlfriend Lil.  They had been camping on the island all weekend for the film festival.  There's a really good view of the Harbour Bridge from the island. 

It was not a very warm weekend, I don't know how they could stand to stay there all weekend- Plus it was scary there!

I thought this flip flop vending machine at the mall was hilarious. 
 

I did a study abroad in Sydney in 2003 (which is when I met both Georgy and Matt) and then Neil and I went back in 2008 for a vacation, so we've done pretty much all of the touristy things there, but it's always fun to see it again.  Georgy and I went to Milson's point to get some good pictures of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.




After Milson's Point, we picked up Neil from downtown where he had been in a meeting at Fidelity.  He wasn't working, he just went in to talk about the possibilities of transferring there.  We went to Coogee Beach and had some lunch.

Another day, Neil and I hung out around Darling Harbour.  We got gelato and went to the Sea Life Aquarium.




We were in Sydney when they were doing Sculptures by the Sea, so we met up with Matt again and went to that.  It's at Bondi Beach and it's a bunch of different art pieces all along the ocean.

This wasn't a particularly awesome piece or anything, I just didn't really take any other pictures.

We went to Moo for some enormous and delicious burgers at Bondi after the walk.

This is a store, I just thought it was a really funny name.  I asked Georgy about it and she said that means the same thing as it does in the states, so I'm guessing it was an Asian owned store or something.

Rhys took us to Cronulla Beach one day before we headed up to Byron Bay and it was the nicest day we were in Sydney!  We had just sent all our luggage up to Byron in Georgy's car or else we would've definitely been swimming (or at least lying in the sand)!
So that's the Sydney part of the trip. Next we flew up to Byron Bay and got ready for the wedding!
(I actually hardly took any pictures of this whole trip. I know it looks like a lot, but we were there for 2 weeks, so this is practically nothing!)

1 comment:

Cody and Meg said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! So lucky! And you looked so adorb in that blue dress! Can we say slammin body?!