We walked down a pretty steep hill as the aisle. I am so glad no one slipped!
Georgy and her sweet dad walking down the aisle.
3 of the 4 bridesmaids. Bella, Lizzie, and me. Sarah was over witnessing Georgy and Rhys sign the marriage certificate at this point, I think (that's why I'm holding her bouquet too).
Me and Howard. We got really lucky with the weather that day and it was the perfect temperature with the sun peeking out every now and then. Actually, it wasn't luck at all, it was magic! It had rained the day before and Georgy's parent's neighbor called to ask if Georgy was worried about the weather for her wedding. Georgy said she wasn't because there was nothing she could do about it. Long story short, Rowena (the neighbor), came up to the house and stuck a broom in the garden, put a brown onion in the broom, and put a circle of salt on the ground around the broom stick and that's what really cleared up the weather. Go Rowena!
You can barely see us, but while people were munching on delicious hors d'oeuvres, we went down to the creek to take pictures. I saw a python on the way down there. I'm not kidding or exaggerating or anything! Seriously, a python! It was probably 4-5 feet away from us and luckily it was just sleeping. It wasn't there on the way back up from the creek though, so that was a little creepy. Later that night, I saw a little green tree snake that was about to crawl across the sidewalk- that one scared me more than the python because it was moving towards me! I nearly jumped into the pool trying to get away from it!
Here's some of the amazing professional pictures and this is her website if you are interested in seeing more of Georgy and Rhys' gorgeous day. http://www.blog.mihajaphotography.com.au/ I seriously could've stolen every picture she took because they were so fun to look at!
We got ready at the house across the road so no one had a chance at seeing the bride before the ceremony. Tamara bought us these dressing robes from the Japanese store for us to wear while we got our hair and make up done.
I was in charge of putting in Georgy's veil. I was concentrating pretty hard on it because it had to be perfect!
Here's a view of the ceremony from the bottom of the hill.
This is down at the creek. These two people are so freaking cute- I just love them and they both looked so good! You can't see in these pictures, but we all put on wellies to go down to the creek so we wouldn't ruin our dress shoes. You can see the boots in some of the pics on the website.
Also down at the creek.
We had like a 5 or 6 course meal and several sweet and HILARIOUS speeches during dinner! This is Rhys giving his speech and we were all laughing our guts out!
awwww... first dance :)
Best. Wedding. Ever.



1 comment:
I love the colors!! BEAUTIFUL!!
Post a Comment